9.27.2011

Making play doh







With two little sick boys this week and LOTS & LOTS of rain, we were pretty much stuck in the house. Needing something fun to do to ease the time, we made play doh the other day. Now, this is the first time I've done this with Lucian. I thought he'd be super excited when I mentioned it. Maybe giggling & acting all silly excited. Instead... he said, "Uhhh, Mama? .... We have play doh from the store.... right in the other room. Did YOU want to play with that? I get it". A little defeated, I just chuckled and said nevermind. Five minutes later, I had a little boy begging to make "special- fun" play dough with me. 


I  don't remember where I got this recipe {if you have a source please let me know}. It's super easy and quick! The best part is the kids can actually do everything but add the hot water. The simple act of actually using his very own hands to make this, has been enough to entertain him for about an hour a day. Unheard of for him! It is special playdoh. So grab your favorite kid & get cooking.


Homemade Play Doh:
2 cups water {Boiling hot}
cups of plain flour
1 cup salt
2 tablespoons oil 
4 tablespoons of cream of tartar 
food coloring
Add all ingredients in a bowl. Last step is add hot water. Stir. Allow to dry and get playing.

No comments: